What can I expect at my first appointment?
When you book an appointment, you will be asked to complete a health history in order for your therapist to plan an effective and safe treatment. We will go over the health history form together along with your chief complaints (what brought you in for a massage). After a brief (or lengthy – depending on your presentation) assessment, I will describe how the treatment should look with a description of how the draping looks and then we will go through the massage. Clients are requested to undress to their level of comfort and to keep in touch regarding the depth of pressure. After the massage, I will give you a few stretches or exercises to do at home.
As a patient seeking massage therapy treatment, you have the right to:
- Safe, confidential and ethical care.
- Be fully informed about your treatment plan, the risks and benefits of treatment.
- Ask questions and discuss concerns with your Massage Therapist.
- Bring someone with you to your appointment, assessment and or treatment.
- Give or refuse consent and withdraw your consent, at any time during treatment.
- Privacy and to have your health information stays confidential.
- Ask that your health record be shared with other health professionals.