Massage Therapy and COVID-19
What you need to know
- Must complete a Covid-19 self screening and acknowledgment prior to their appointment, look for the e-mail the day of your appointment.
- Health screenings will be conducted prior to your treatment.
- New clients must complete their online Health History prior to their appointment.
- Are required to wear a clean mask upon entering the clinic and throughout your time in the clinic. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Required to wash and/or sanitize hands upon entering the clinic.
- Please refrain from bringing family or friends with you while attending your appointment unless you require them because of safety.
- You must cancel your appointment if you start to exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your treatment. Call if you are unsure.
- Will complete a self screening questionnaire for every shift.
- Will wear a surgical masks and may wear eye protection.
- Will wash hands and use hand sanitizers, in accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines.
- All eye protection equipment will be sanitized between appointments, and masks are changed when appropriate or when necessary as recommended by CMTO and Health Canada.
Clients & Therapists who exhibit symptoms and do not pass screening will be sent home, findings documented and are recommended to call their doctor, and may be required to self isolate for 14 days.
Davenport RMT Clinic:
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance of the clinic and at various designated locations throughout the clinic. All hand sanitizers contain 65% – 75% alcohol
- High touch surfaces chairs, washrooms, doorknobs, handles, railings, light switches, etc., will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Cleaners and sanitizers used are endorsed by Health Canada as effective disinfectants and sanitizers against COVID-19.
- For sanitizing purposes, there will be vinyl covers on treatment tables and pillowcases and these will be disinfected after each client.
- All sheets, pillowcases, and towels and blankets will be washed in the highest temperature possible after each use.
- Gloves may be worn by therapists based on treatment needs; they will be disposed after each treatment.
- Treatment rooms will be sanitized and disinfected after each client.